Iran’s new low brow president and hard core Islamist in wolves clothing, Hassan Rouhani, has hired English speaking marketing reps to manage his new Twitter account…
If you don’t know much about “nice guy and moderate” Rouhani, let us fill you in.
* Hassan Rouhani is no “moderate.” He was endorsed by the only Iranian leader ever to publicly call for Israel to be destroyed by nuclear weapons.
* “Iran’s former moderate president Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani on Tuesday endorsed ally Hassan Rowhani in the June 14 election, saying the candidate is ‘more suitable’ than others for presidency,” reported Agence France Presse. “‘I will vote for Dr. Rowhani, who entered the race after consulting me,’ Rafsanjani said. ’I consider him to be more suitable (than other candidates) to steer the executive branch,’ he said referring to the slate of five other hopefuls, most of whom are conservatives.”
* Western media and many world governments say that Rouhani is a “moderate” and “reformer” and “pragmatist”. Rouhani is a first-rate extremist. He’s a smooth, sophisticated and experienced operator, educated in the West so he feels he ‘understands’ Western mentality. He’s already got the media fooled about who he is. That’s just the beginning.
* He was Iran’s nuclear negotiator from 2003 to 2005 and is both a loyal defender of Iran’s nuclear program and a shrewd and experienced diplomat.
* Al-Sharq al-Awsat: “I hate your government, your lies, your corruption, your religion,” wrote the future president’s son to his father in his suicide note.
* Tom Gross: Like many leading members of other extreme anti-Western organizations such as Hamas and al-Qaeda, Rouhani also has a Western education: he has a Ph.D. in law from Glasgow Caledonian University in Scotland
* Rouhani has been involved in the Islamic revolution since its murderous beginning. He accompanied the Ayatollah Khomeini back from Paris to Tehran and since then has held a number of key security positions in a regime which has killed and tortured hundreds of thousands of people. Rouhani has called for the execution of pro-democracy student protesters whom he said should be crushed “mercilessly and monumentally”
* His most notable position was Chairman of the Supreme National Security Council during which time the Council helped mastermind the 1994 bombing of the Jewish cultural center in Buenos Aires, killing 85 people (including many elderly Holocaust survivors)
* Intelligence sources say that Rouhani easily outwitted and out-negotiated the European troika of nuclear negotiators from Germany, France and Britain, from 2003-5 when he was Iran’s chief nuclear negotiator, and later often boasted in Farsi of deceiving his “naive” European negotiating partners
* Rouhani made clear during a little-known address to the Iranian parliament in 2004 that he viewed Pakistan as a role model for his country’s effort to build a nuclear arsenal in the face of world opposition.
New Iranian President’s Son Killed Himself “Over Father’s Extremism”
By Tom GrossThe leading London-based pan-Arab newspaper al-Sharq al-Awsat reports today that Iranian President-Elect Hassan Rouhani’s eldest son took his own life in 1992, in protest at his father’s involvement with Iran’s murderous Islamic regime and his father’s close ties to Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
“I hate your government, your lies, your corruption, your religion, your double acts and your hypocrisy,” wrote the future president’s son in his suicide note, according to the Saudi-owned paper. “I am ashamed to live in such an environment where I’m forced to lie to my friends each day, telling them that my father isn’t part of all of this. Telling them my father loves this nation, whereas I believe this to be not true. It makes me sick seeing you, my father, kiss the hand of Khamenei.”
The official Iranian press, which is controlled by Khamenei, has admitted that Rouhani’s eldest son committed suicide in 1992 but the regime’s media denied it was a political act.
Rouhani has said in the past that his son committed “a great sin” by killing himself, but he still made sure his son was buried in a prime plot in the temple of the founder of the Islamic Republic, Ayatollah Khomeini.